High-Definition 3D Laser Scanning
The long, labor-intensive process of manual field data collection is a thing of the past with 3D high-definition laser scanning. If you are looking for information about high-definition 3D laser scanning, then you have come to the right place at Hive Virtual Plant. 3D laser scanning provides high-definition imagery and data that can be used for a variety of applications. In this article, by Hive Virtual Plant, we share some information about high-definition 3D laser scanning.
High-definition 3D laser scanning benefits
- Improving speed and accuracy: Data is gathered ten times faster and is millimeter-level accurate.
- Saving time: Complete coverage area eliminates the need for return trips.
- Enhancing safety: A scan measures parts of a building a person can’t safely reach.
- Offering flexible format options: Data can be exported for use in a variety of formats.
- Simple database Integration: Data can be referenced to existing project control or geo-referenced to integrate into an existing GIS database.
- Mitigating risk: Real-time conflict detection alerts you about potential project disruptions.
What projects can be done with High-definition 3D laser scanning?
There are plenty of projects that can benefit from high-definition 3D laser scanning. Some of the possible projects include:
- True Topside Construction As-builts
- Factory and Plant As-builts for Inventory and Expansion Planning
- Asset Management and Archiving
- Land Failure Monitoring
- 3D Crime and Crash Scene Capture
- Security Planning
- Marketing Proposals
To learn more about high-definition 3D laser scanning or about 3D laser scanning technology, we encourage you to get in touch with a representative at Hive Virtual Plant.
Click here to find our contact information or speak with a representative.