3D laser scanning for different building applications
Are you an engineer, architect, or construction professional looking for a way to collect high-quality data of your job site or structure? With 3D laser scanning technology, you can achieve this feat with ease! At Hive Virtual Plant, we make it our mission to provide our customers with plenty of information about 3D laser scanning technology and applications for that technology. There are many different building applications where 3D laser scanning technology can come in handy. In this article, we share some information about 3D laser scanning for different building applications.
Click here to learn more about our services at Hive Virtual Plant.
For Scan-to BIM Applications
For architects, engineers, or construction professionals, 3D laser scanning can be effective for Scan-to-BIM applications. Some examples of this could be:
- As-Built Architectural Models for Planning & Renovation.
- As-Built Construction Models for Fabrication & Installation.
- Industrial Warehouse & Office Build-Out for Retrofit Planning.
- Retail Space Management and Inventory & Programming.
- Archival Documentation for Heritage & Preservation.
For Scan-to-CAD Applications
For building professionals who want to collect 2D or 3D CAD data, 3D laser scanning technology can also be deployed. Some examples of this could be:
- As-Built Drawings from Point Cloud.
- As-Built 2D Building Elevations from Point Cloud.
- As-Built 3D CAD Model of geometrically complex spaces.
There are plenty of applications for 3D laser scanning in the building and construction industries. To learn more about 3D laser scanning for different building applications, we encourage you to get in touch with our team at Hive Virtual Plant today. Click here to find our contact information or speak with a representative.
About The Author: Rob Jickling
More posts by Rob Jickling